Ports & Airports
The UAE has made major investments in its infrastructure, resulting in modern ports and airports that serve as some of the most active gateways into the Gulf region for business, commerce and tourism.
The major ports in the UAE are:
- Jebel Ali, Dubai
- Mina Rashid, Dubai
- Mina Zayed, Abu Dhabi
- Mina Khalid, Sharjah
- Khor Fakkan, Sharjah
The major airports in the UAE are:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Dubai International Airport
- Fujairah International Airport
- Ras Al Khaimah International Airport
- Sharjah International Airport
The UAE has two world-class airlines:
- Etihad Airways, Abu Dhabi-based and founded in 2003, is the national airline of the UAE. One of the fastest-growing airlines in the world, it reached 30 destinations in 30 months in June 2006, and plans to touch 70 international destinations by 2010.
- Emirates Airlines, started in 1985 and headquartered in Dubai, has a fleet of 113 aircraft and currently flies to over 100 destinations in 62 countries around the world. It is currently the eighth largest airline in the world.